Are you a tech-based start-up looking for ways to scale? Don’t miss the webinar “Scaling up the European advanced technologies: fixing the demand side”
The Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) project is organising a policy seminar on 6 May 2021 to share insights on “Scaling up in Advanced Technologies”.
Registrations are open here!
There are several challenges at European level that prevent tech-based start-ups of fully developing their potential, affecting their business impact and scaling opportunities. In this context, it is important that European organisations act to increase the strategic capacity of these companies. This webinar will provide tips and tricks about these challenges, delivering an overview of the existing policy strategies and measures at EU level, as well as national and regional levels. During the session, additional gaps in knowledge and policy needs will be also tackled.
The “Scaling up in Advanced Technologies” policy seminar will aim to:
- Present the ATI analysis on tech scale-ups and specific demand-side policy measures.
- Identify challenges not yet sufficiently addressed and point out at policy gaps.
- Develop recommendations on how to improve the framework conditions for European scale-ups active in the field of advanced technologies.
- Date: 6 May 2021
- Time: 10:00 – 12:30 CET
- Registration: here
Moderator: Jari Romanainen, Technopolis Group
10:00 – 10:10 Welcome and introduction, Marta Batalla Masana, European Commission DG GROW
10:10 – 10:25 European Innovation Council Financial Instruments
10:25 – 10:45 ATI project and tech scaleup report, Laura Roman, Technopolis Group
10:45 – 12:15 Panel discussion
- Pekka Sivonen, Head of European Collaboration, Business Finland
- Jacek Bukowicki, Department of Start-ups Development, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development
- Max Brigonzi, Innovation Research Specialist, Mind the Bridge
- Mathieu Carenzo, Entrpreneurship Lecturer, IESE Business School
- FrenchTech (TBC)
12:15 – 12:30 Closing and next steps, European Commission
For more information, please visit the event page.
The Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) is a project commissioned by EISMEA and European Commission - DG GROW. The project provides a systematic monitoring of technological trends and reliable, up-to-date data on advanced technologies to properly support the implementation of policies and initiatives, and finally promote a competitive European industry.