EIC Planet.tech with P&G: Are you up for it?
The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and P&G invite you to participate in our brand-new Planet.tech challenge. In an effort to address the world’s most pressing environmental challenges, P&G is focused on green goals in specific areas. With Planet.tech, you can now team up with the consumer products giant and co-create innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges related to the European Green Deal.
Apply and step up to the plate.
Applications are open until 19 April 2020 23.59 (CET).
The European Green Deal, and the major sustainability challenges it will tackle, ask for close collaboration across value chains. With the Planet.tech initiative, the EIC Business Acceleration Services offers the opportunity to enhance your cooperation with different corporates and jointly devise innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges in the field of sustainability.
The corporates will dedicate a team of experts to select the SME with the highest possibilities to develop a joint Proof of Concept (PoC) around the challenges proposed. Successful pilots will be invited to showcase their solution in a dedicated event in Brussels, Belgium in autumn 2020 (tbd).
P&G is currently looking for innovative approaches and solutions for smarter and more sustainable packaging. Specifically, the following challenges:
Technical solutions to use less virgin plastics for liquid product containers.
- Identify alternative recycled resins for liquid containing products
- Approaches to reduce resin use in plastic packages.
- Alternative packaging solutions to plastic containers for liquids.
- Alternative packaging business models such as re-fill and re-load at home or in store to reduce overall plastic use and delight the consumer.
- Technologies and solutions embedded in packaging to prevent microbial contamination in re-fill of products
Enabling technology approaches and solutions to realize the “Holy Grail 2.0” initiative.
Separately, P&G is interested in partnerships to enable further sustainability opportunities:
Product ingredient transparency and traceability
- Identify digital platforms which enable transparency of chemical ingredients of formulated consumer products such as detergents, shampoos etc.
- Technology and digital platform solutions to enable traceability of products and packages.
New business model
In line with recent declarations by President von der Leyen (minute 18-19) P&G is looking for companies with new lease business models and opportunities in laundry, garment and home care application.
More specifics about the challenges and the application form can be found on the dedicated pages for each EIC partner corporate on the EIC Community:
- ABInbev (Sustainable Industry)
- Deme (Biodiversity/Oceans)
- Enel (Clean Energy)
- Nestlé (Sustainable food system)
- P&G (Alternatives to plastic)
- Veolia (Combatting pollution)
Should you have any questions regarding the event, please refer to our helpdesk: https://community-smei.easme-web.eu/contact (please choose “Planet.tech P&G" as the subject).