Open Call: EIC Corporate Day with AB InBev - Leveraging Technology to Create a Sustainable Future
The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and Anheuser-Busch InBev NV (AB InBev) invite you to apply to our joint EIC Corporate Day taking place on 24 & 25 June 2021. Meet with the experts of the brewing industry in this engaging online event and take this opportunity to create a sustainable future while accelerating your business.
AB InBev is a Belgium-based company engaged in the brewers’ industry. The company owns a portfolio of over 500 beverage brands and has around 200 breweries with operations in more than 50 countries. With more than 164.000 employees and 121 nationalities represented across the company, AB InBev is brewing beer and building brands that will continue to bring people together for the next 100 years and beyond and is committed to working with partners towards a more sustainable future.
AB InBev dedicated research labs and technology centers across the globe are driving innovation and helping to ensure the company stay ahead of the curve. The GITEC (Global Innovation and Technology Center) team partners across the company, innovating alongside the packaging, product, and process development. It’s with this teamwork centric approach that they develop new products and technologies.
Applications are open until 9 May 2021
The EIC-beneficiaries selected to attend the EIC Corporate Day with AB InBev on 24 & 25 June 2021 will have access to specific training, pitching, pre-arranged meetings with experts from AB InBev and the possibility to network with high-level partners and like-minded innovators in a dedicated online event.
Who can apply?
AB InBev, with the focus of their 2025 Sustainability goals in mind, is looking for EIC beneficiaries working on innovative and sustainable technology in the following fields (please specify for which of the three categories you are applying):
1. Water Efficiency
- Water treatment innovation
- Water re-use technologies
- Wastewater treatment innovation
- Cleaning in place alternative technologies
2. Pack and Sustainable Materials
- Improvements in reusability for glass, metal and PET
- Improvements in recyclability for glass and all plastics
- Alternatives for primary, secondary and tertiary plastics
- Increase of recycle content in glass, metal and PET
- Post-consumer recycling including more efficient and convenient logistics system, collection points and separation of materials with the aim of recycling more waste than we produce
3. Renewable Energy and Efficiency
- Green electricity or energy storage technology
- New solutions or equipment for energy efficient malting, boiling, pasteurization and refrigeration
- Heat recovery & reuse
- More energy efficient glass making techniques at scale
- Cutting edge on-site thermal and electric renewable solutions for breweries or warehouses
- Energy monitoring and control technology
Opportunities for selected EIC-funded SMEs
- Privileged access to a world-leading company with potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets
- Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile
- Personalised online training on pitching technics before the event
- Services related support before, during and after the event
You can apply by clicking on the following link.
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the Corporation?
When filling in your application, please specify for which of the three categories you are applying (1. Water Efficiency, 2. Pack and Sustainable Materials or 3. Renewable Energy and Efficiency).
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form will be shared with AB InBev to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings. AB InBev based on its business interests, will select the final participants among the applicants.
The Business Acceleration Services will contact all applicants once the selection process has been concluded. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations to those not selected.
EIC Business Acceleration Services
The Business Acceleration Services provided are free of charge. All participants are expected to fill out a short satisfaction survey shortly after the event, and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. Read our report on EIC Corporate Days and watch our EIC Corporate Day video to learn more about what we do and how we do it. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our Helpdesk (please choose “EIC Corporate Day with AB InBev” as the subject).