Open Call - EIC Corporate Day with Merck: Rooted in science
The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services and Merck invite you to apply to an EIC Corporate Day on 30 September 2021. Merck, the multinational Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics company, is looking for SMEs to share their love of science and passion for technology. This specially designed service is meant to accelerate your business collaborating with Merck through dedicated pitching sessions and one-on-one business meetings.
As a vibrant science and technology company, Merck believes in science as a force for good. With their discoveries and innovations they make a positive difference in millions of people’s lives every day. From advancing gene editing technologies to enabling the intelligence of devices - Merck is everywhere. To further share Merck’s love for science and technology, they are looking for the most innovative EIC-funded companies to join them during this EIC Corporate Day.
Applications are open until 8th of August 2021
EIC-beneficiaries selected to attend the EIC Corporate Day with Merck on 30 September 2021, will have access to specific training, the opportunity to pitch and engage in pre-arranged meetings with top decision-makers from Merck and network with high-level partners and like-minded innovators in a dedicated online event.
Who can apply?
Merck is looking for EIC-SMEs working on innovative and disruptive approaches in the following three areas:
Drugs & potential interventions in the ff. disease areas
- Female (In)Fertility
- Pandemic preparedness
- Anti-aging (e.g potential interventions to target aging and extend health span, biomarkers of aging, molecular mechanisms, particularly cellular senescence, DNA damage repair, immuno-senescence and inflammation)
Novel approaches & technologies in area of R&D
- Novel methods concerning degradation (e.g. Protacs, LYTACs and related approaches)
- AI-based approaches in field of R&D (e.g. Drug Discovery, Clinical studies, devices)
- Bioelectronics (e.g. implantable devices, innovative neurostimulation treatments)
- Clean Meat (cultured, cultivated or cell-based meat)
Opportunities for selected EIC-funded SMEs
- Privileged access to one of the world’s leading companies with the potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and possible access to new markets;
- Networking opportunities with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile;
- Personalised online training on pitching techniques and Merck specifications before the event;
- Services related to support before, during and after the event.
You can apply by clicking on the following link: Link
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business with the Corporation?
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form will be shared with Merck to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of meetings. Merck based on its business interests, will select the final participants among the applicants.
The Business Acceleration Services will contact all applicants once the selection process has been concluded. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations to those not selected.
AT MERCK, WE LOVE A CHALLENGE
We discover and develop for life in all its vibrancy, from great human questions to small everyday joys. For more than 350 years, curiosity has been driving us to deliver excellence to patients and our customers – and to imagine the future.
Merck is a vibrant team of specialists in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. We share a love of science and a passion for technology.
Healthcare: From prescription medicines to treat conditions such as cancer and infertility, our goal is to make a difference to millions of people around the world.
Life Science: In our Life Science business, we collaborate with the global scientific community to solve the industry's toughest problems. We provide scientists with lab materials, technologies, and services to make research and biotech production simpler, faster, and safer.
Electronics: In our Electronics business we develop specialty chemicals for demanding applications, from liquid crystals and OLED materials for displays and lighting to effect pigments for coatings and cosmetics through to high-tech materials for the electronics industry.
Digitalization: The aim of “advancing technologies for life” is in our DNA, so we embrace these technologies to create more value for our customers and patients and product innovation.
Sustainability: We think in generations, not only in quarters. Our approach to corporate sustainability is simple: We believe that we can harness science and technology to help tackle many global challenges.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk: https://community-smei.easme-web.eu/contact (please choose “EIC Corporate Day with Merck” as the subject).