Open Call - EIC ePitching to Procurers on COVID-19: pitch your COVID-19 solution to Procurers from the Health-sector
After the success of the first EIC ePitching to Procurers on COVID-19, the European Innovation Council invites you to a second edition, taking place on 17 November 2020. This session will be dedicated to connecting public and private procurers, from Europe or anywhere in the world, from the health sector with EIC-funded companies providing medical supply solutions and innovative biotechnologies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Apply here before 11 October 12.00 (CET).
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the EIC Business Acceleration Services is organising its second ePitching to Procurers on COVID-19 session. The first edition gathered over 50 public and private procurers, five European corporates and more than 20 EIC-backed SMEs. Currently the following procurers have confirmed their attendance:
- Hopitaux Robert Schuman
- Conselleria de Sanitat Universal i Salut Pública
- French Army
- Region Skåne
- Axencia de Coñecemento en Saúde (ACIS)
- Centre Hospitalier de Verdun Saint-Mihiel
- Bundesbeschaffung Gmbh
- Health Proc Europe
- SCR Piemonte S.p.A.
- Catalan Health and Social Care Consortium (Consorci CSC)
- Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centres
- NHS Commercial Solutions
How will the day look?
A selected number of procurers will present their most pressing needs and issues they are facing. Selected EIC-backed SMEs, and Horzion2020 health programme, will then get the chance to pitch their innovations and solutions in two dedicated ePitching sessions on Medical/testing devices, supply chain and logistics management and Biotechnology / Health - Drugs, antimicrobials. Afterwards there is a dedicated timeslot for one-on-one discussion.
Who can apply?
All EIC-backed SMEs working on innovative solutions and/or that answer the following pressing short- and medium-term needs:
1. Medical devices/testing, supply chain and logistics management: EIC companies with medical devices to help the COVID19 outbreak including, but not limited to:
- ventilation consumables and devices;
- personal protection equipment;
- test kits;
- other medical equipment etc. for adequate treatment of Covid-19;
- development of remote visits, care and treatment, as well as distribution of devices, drugs and facilities to homecare patients;
- increase technical capabilities of care providers and staff skills for self-supply by 3D printing, AI and other SMART solutions in special pandemic and/or emergency cases such as COVID-19.
2. Biotechnology / Health - Drugs, antimicrobials: EIC Beneficiaries explore new antimicrobials and drugs to tackle new virus including, but not limited to:
- Antibacterial gel;
- (Hydro) Chloroquine;
- Antiretroviral drugs;
- hospital related infection, rare diseases and new pandemics.
3. Tools for Prediction & stopping the spread of new diseases: EIC innovations working on the contagion phenomena:
- AI solutions for data analysis and prediction;
- Spread and contagion prediction;
- Triage management;
- Patient remote supervision;
- Health Infrastructure capability management;
The EIC-funded companies will be selected on the basis of procurers' needs for innovative solutions and materials facing COVID-19.
You can apply by clicking on the following link.
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should include the answer to the questions:
- What is your business compliance with the event?
- What are your expected specific synergies/outcomes for your potential business?
Overview of participating procurers
A full list of confirmed procurers will follow.
EIC Business Acceleration Services
The Business Acceleration Services provided are free of charge. All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event, and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. Read our 2019 yearly wrap-up and learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk: https://community-smei.easme-web.eu/contact (please choose “EIC ePitching to Procurers on COVID19” as the subject).