Open call - EIC ePitching to Procurers on COVID19
The European Innovation Council is organising a second ePitching to Procurers-session on COVID-19 mid November 2020. The goal is to connect public and private procurers from the health sector with EIC-funded companies providing medical supply and innovative technologies (e.g. tele-medicine, remote solutions, artificial intelligence for data analysis and prediction, supply chain management, logistics) as a solution to the COVID-19 pandemic. This specific call is solely for public and private procurers interested in participating.
After the overwhelming success of the first “EIC ePitching to Procurers: COVID-19", which gathered 50 public and private procurers, five large European Corporates and more than 20 EIC-backed SMEs, the EIC is organising a second edition. Mid-November the EIC aims to gather at least 50 European healthcare procurers with 20 EIC-funded companies, RTD’s healthcare programme beneficiaries and COVID-19 Hackathon winners depending on procurers' needs and the challenges identified. The EIC-funded companies will be selected on the basis of procurers' needs for innovative solutions in all forms in facing COVID19.
How can public & private healthcare procurers and hospitals apply?
Are you a hospital or a public or private healthcare procurer interested in participating? Register now by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com by 15 October 2020.
In order to best serve your needs we kindly ask you to send us your needs (see Excel-sheet here) so that we can select the companies whose innovations best fit your needs.
These can be for example:
1. Medical devices/testing, supply chain and logistics management: EIC companies with medical devices to help the COVID19 outbreak including, but not limited to:
- ventilation consumables and devices;
- personal protection equipment;
- test kits;
- other medical equipment etc. for adequate treatment of Covid-19;
- development of remote visits, care and treatment, as well as distribution of devices, drugs and facilities to homecare patients;
- increase technical capabilities of care providers and staff skills for self-supply by 3D printing, AI and other SMART solutions in special pandemic and/or emergency cases such as COVID-19.
2. Biotechnology / Health - Drugs, antimicrobials: EIC Beneficiaries explore new antimicrobials and drugs to tackle new virus including, but not limited to:
- Antibacterial gel;
- (Hydro) Chloroquine;
- Antiretroviral drugs;
- hospital related infection, rare diseases and new pandemics.
3. Tools for Prediction & stopping the spread of new diseases: EIC innovations working on the contagion phenomena:
- AI solutions for data analysis and prediction;
- Spread and contagion prediction;
- Triage management;
- Patient remote supervision;
- Health Infrastructure capability management;
A call for EIC-funded and Horzion2020 health programme companies who want to pitch to the procurers, is open since 15 September.
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC pilot Business Acceleration services. To explore other opportunities, keep an eye on our events page.