Open Call - EIC Women Leadership Programme: call for mentors
The European Innovation Council (EIC) is launching a full-fledged impactful Women Leadership Programme (WLP) for women entrepreneurs and researchers supported by the EIC (Accelerator & Pathfinder), as well as Women TechEU beneficiaries. To this end, the EIC is looking for motivated and experienced entrepreneurs, investors, innovators and senior managers to join the programme as mentors.
Women-led companies are on the rise. The participation of women in deep tech is not only a matter of fairness but an important case of using Europe’s full potential of excellence in science and businesses. The EIC proactively seized this great opportunity for growth: the latest EIC calls stated that at least 25% of applications invited for the second stage of evaluation should come from women-led companies. As a result, the amount of selected women-led companies went from 7% to 34% compared to the previous EIC-call. This contributed to an overall increase in the female led companies from 8% to 15% (blended finance calls only).
To further build upon this, the EIC is offering a dedicated mentoring programme, the EIC Women Leadership Programme (WLP), which aims to level the playing field in scalable businesses and mindsets by unlocking potential and breaking down barriers to success!
Are you an experienced entrepreneur, investor, innovator or senior manager (M/F) motivated to make a lasting impact on the role of women in innovation and tech? Then we want you as a mentor for the EIC WLP!
Applications are on a rolling basis.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU AS MENTOR?
- Contribute to bringing a positive change to the mentee’s life;
- Be exposed to fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches;
- Expand your professional network;
- Play an active role in the EIC Community, Europe’s largest community of entrepreneurs and researchers;
- Be at the forefront of increasing the role of women in innovation and tech
- Develop your personal leadership and coaching styles.
WHAT CAN MENTEES EXPECT?
- Improve self-confidence and break inner blocks for a sustained success;
- Determine and define a passionate vision, set goals and work towards achieving them;
- Increase their professional networks.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you are a change-maker and want to have a long-term impact on women’s participation in business within the innovation and tech, please join us as a mentor!
We are looking for entrepreneurs, investors, innovators and senior managers (M/F) that have:
- Extensive managerial experience;
- An extensive and diverse professional network;
- Experience in dealing with multiple issues in a fast-paced growth environment.
And that have the following skillset:
- 360º approach to leadership and personal development;
- Willingness to become a long-term ‘trusted’ advisor;
- Empathy, integrity, credibility, diligence, independence and patience;
- A ‘champion’ for gender equality/diversity;
- Sensitive to work-life balance topics.
Level of commitment
We’re expecting mentors to dedicate a minimum of 2 hours per month during this 6 to 12-month programme, in order to maintain a close relationship with their mentees. Besides the direct commitment with their mentee, mentors will also be invited to participate in networking events to explore possible synergies with other mentors and/or mentees. Mentoring is provided pro-bono.
The EIC will match the profiles of the mentors and mentees, providing a set of potential matches to the mentees. Several networking exercises will be organized to ensure the best choice is made.
About the EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC pilot Business Acceleration Services. To explore other opportunities to connect with the largest corporates in Europe, keep an eye on our events page.
About the EIC Women Leadership Programme
The EIC WLP aims to enhance skills and promote networking for women in the EIC Community. In doing so, the EIC seeks to increase the number of women-led companies created and succeeding in business, and increase diversity in innovation and tech.
For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk (please choose 'EIC Women Leadership Programme' as the subject).