Open Call - EIC Women Leadership Programme: Levelling the playing field
To support the role of women in innovation and tech the European Innovation Council (EIC) created a skills enhancement and networking programme for women entrepreneurs and researchers supported by the EIC, the Women Leadership Programme (WLP). In March 2021, the EIC launched a call searching for mentors to join the programme, gathering close to 500 potential mentors across the continent who will work with the prospective women leaders. Now is the time for EIC beneficiaries to join the programme. Unlock your potential and expand your leadership skills with the EIC now!
With the Women Leadership Programme (WLP), the EIC is offering a skills enhancement and networking programme for EIC women researchers and innovators. This programme aims to level the playing field in scalable mindsets and businesses by unlocking potential and breaking down barriers to success! The EIC WLP will enhance the participants’ business skills and promote their networking beyond the EIC Community. In doing so, the EIC seeks to increase the number of women-led companies created and succeeding in business, and increase diversity in innovation and tech.
After having received close to 500 applications for the ‘EIC WLP mentor call’, the EIC is now looking for women members of EIC beneficiaries to apply to the programme.
Apply here until 2 July 2021.
What's in it for you?
- Participatory training sessions tailored to your specific needs;
- Networking events that will help you expand your network and increase your visibility, both inside and outside of the EIC Community;
- A mentorship scheme with a pool of almost 500 mentors (and counting), from which you will be able to shortlist and select possible mentors;
- A coaching scheme that will put you in contact with experienced coaches to help you define and follow your business strategy.
Who are we looking for?
Only women from EIC-funded projects (Accelerator,Pathfinder and their predecessor instruments under the EIC Pilot) are eligible to apply;
- Women in business already in management positions, but want to strengthen their skills or expand their network;
- Women within established companies aspiring to take over leadership positions in business development;
- Women researchers involved in research projects aspiring to lead the transition of their research into businesses.
The participants, that are accepted in the programme, will be requested to participate in at least 75% of the activities. There will be up to 2 WLP events per month in the period October 2021-March 2022.
Criteria for evaluating applications
Applications will be evaluated in terms of:
- The impact participation in the WLP programme might have on your career path;
- Your motivation to participate.
About the EIC Women Leadership Programme
Women-led companies are on the rise. The participation of women in deep tech is not only a matter of fairness but an important case of using Europe’s full potential of excellence in science and businesses. The EIC proactively seized this great opportunity for growth: the latest EIC Accelerator calls stated that at least 25% of applications invited for the second stage of evaluation should come from women (co)founded or led companies. As a result, the number of selected women (co) founded and led companies went from 7% to 34% (compared to the previous EIC-call). This contributed to an overall increase in the female led companies from 8% to 15% (blended finance calls only).
To further build upon this, the EIC is offering a dedicated mentoring programme, the EIC Women Leadership Programme (WLP), which aims to level the playing field in scalable businesses and mindsets by unlocking potential and breaking down barriers to success!