The European Innovation Council is organising a Procurers Day with José de Mello Group, one of Portugal’s largest economic groups. This virtual session, taking place on 17 and 18 March 2021, will be dedicated to matching EIC-beneficiaries with José de Mello Group’s procurement needs in the fields of Mobility and Health.
Apply here before 21 January 2021!
The José de Mello Group is a family-owned Portuguese economic group, with assets under management over €5B in 2019, and a commitment towards innovation and sustainability that perdures for more than a century. The Group’s portfolio has interests in the fields of health and senior care, infrastructures and mobility, chemical industry, wine, and industrial maintenance. GROW by José de Mello connects startups with José de Mello Group companies in win-win partnerships, boosting the launch of innovative ideas through real life market feedback. For this EIC Procurers Day, taking place on 17 and 18 March 2021, José de Mello Group is seeking to establish partnerships between innovative European startups and three of its companies:
- CUF is the largest private healthcare service provider in Portugal with more than 75 years of experience, 19 Clinics and Hospitals, and over 1 million customers.
- Brisa is an international reference and the largest motorway infrastructure manager and mobility services provider in Portugal.
- JMRS is a centre of excellence in developing residential solutions and orthopaedic, geriatric and neurologic recovery and rehabilitation programs.
Who can apply?
The application is limited to EIC-funded SMEs.
The event is divided in two streams:
- On day 1, CUF and JMRS are seeking partners working on innovative approaches to digital health technologies, hospital maintenance and management, and senior care.
- On day 2, Brisa is seeking SMEs working on road operations, toll collection, asset management, and new mobility.
The EIC-funded companies will be selected on the basis of José de Mello Group’s needs for innovative solutions and materials related to the challenge.
Agenda and challenges
On the 17 and 18 March 2021 an exclusive number of EIC-funded SMEs will have the opportunity to pitch their innovative solutions for the health and mobility sectors, and to engage in One-on-One Business meetings with CUF, JMRS and BRISA representatives.
DAY 1 – HEALTH AND SENIOR CARE
- Comprehensive Virtual Care experience - improve healthcare outside hospital walls, building new services and adding new products as complements to teleconsultation and telemonitoring that could enhance the patient’s autonomy.
- Insight generation from spoken and written clinical data - leverage technologies to replace handwriting or typing with automated transcripts of clinical information from interpreting conversations; support physicians in their clinical assessments and decisions, mapping clinical concepts and diagnoses with codified clinical guidelines.
- Innovative cleaning and disinfection solutions - e.g. UV and air circulation to be plugged into or substitute current solutions, cleaning robots, etc.
- Energy efficiency solutions for hospitals - promote smarter utilities consumption or allow for better measurement and tracing of usage.
- Programmed maintenance solutions - enhance predictive maintenance of hospital infrastructure and equipment.
- AI and deep learning solutions in healthcare - namely radiology, image recognition and processing, pathological anatomy, surgery, and other not-so-common applications of AI.
- Solutions to improve customer experience in hospitalization - boosting the hospitalized patient comfort and entertainment.
- Non-invasive way to monitor residents’ vitals and well-being KPIs - predictive health alerts and ability to integrate with current solutions in place in nursing homes; preferred solutions that enable the resident to freely move within a defined area (nursing home, private room, defined spaces).
- Personalization of stay - individual stimulus in senior care rooms, using multimedia applications with image, sound, etc.
DAY 2 - MOBILITY
- Road operations dispatching and scheduling automation - based on outputs generated by advanced analytics and the knowledge about roadside resources. Applied to road operations and maintenance.
- Real-time network performance monitoring - advanced analysis over the immensity of the data to highlight actual network conditions and alerts; short term predictions; routine or ordinary tasks.
- Integrated GPS tracking for road patrolling - integrate the total distances covered by road assistants, whether in service for road operations or toll service
- Automatic incident detection - wrong way driving detection; Vehicle stopped on roads; Objects on road; Pedestrians.
- Dynamic cooperation with stakeholders - online integration with external bodies for information and alerts share - civil protection authority; weather institute; national emergency service; social network (e.g. WAZE, Google).
- Contactless payment solution - use NFC capability of ETOLL terminals to accepts contactless payments with credit cards and/or mobile devices.
- Automated vehicle pre-classification - video-based classification; Multi-pattern recognition system, including car brand and model; license plate database for auditing.
- Attended robot process automation (RPA) bots for self-service tolling support - for short and repetitive response situations; additional Iterations supported by operators; automatic decision system for Bot service.
- Connectivity with equipment for monitoring and repairs - upgrade electrical and electronic equipment with connectivity for monitoring and remote control and repair.
- Enterprise asset management ecosystem - asset management ecosystem to better plan, optimize, execute, and track maintenance activities with the associated labor, inventory, skills, materials, tools, and information. Road infrastructures, electric and electronics, IT & telecommunications.
- Field service mobile app, field scheduling, integrate with systems - mobile app for technicians in the field. Ensures efficiency and productivity by in field scheduling, direct reporting, tracking tasks, labor, and expenses, capture pictures and read barcodes onsite, inventory registering, etc.
- Innovative business models - satisfy customer needs from A to B according to the new mobility paradigm, where fewer highways and a lower car ownership culture calls for new mobility solutions in the realm of connectivity (Vehicle 2 Infrastructure, Connected Car, etc).
EIC Business Acceleration Services
The Business Acceleration Services provided are free of charge. Additional costs, such as travelling and accommodation, are not included. However, your EIC running projects might cover these as dissemination activities. Please check this possibility with your Project Officer or Key Account Manager.
All participants are expected to fill out a brief satisfaction survey shortly after the event, and a business impact survey after six months. Failure to do so may lead to exclusion from future Business Acceleration Services.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events.
Should you have any questions regarding the event or your eligibility, please contact us through our contact page (please choose “Procurers Day with Jose de Mello” as the subject).