After the success of the EIC Summer School last year, and the Winter sessions in January, the EIC is organising a new Summer edition to refresh your negotiation skills. On 23 & 30 July 2021, two workshops will offer important techniques to make you better at the negotiation table. The trainings, organised in partnership with Value Negotiation Technologies, will be held on two Friday mornings and take a deep dive into negotiation tactics and strategies with role-play exercises and peer feedback. If you are looking for tips to improve your art of negotiation, don’t miss this opportunity. Discover how to join our sessions below!
There are limited places: secure your place before 7th July!
1st session - 23 July 2021 (9h to 13h) – apply here.
2nd session – 30 July (9h to 13h) – apply here.
The bottom line is simple: almost every aspect of business requires a certain level of negotiation. Whether you’re looking for the best supplier on the market or trying to get a partnership to support your company’s growth, you will have to negotiate to increase your chances of getting the best deal. Some were already born with this natural negotiator mindset, and they can easily take the lead. But for others, preparation is key, and they are always looking for tips and tricks to get the expected outcome.
Through our EIC Summer School of 2021, we will help EIC-funded peers with their negotiation skills, providing a comprehensive framework for negotiation strategies and deal-making tactics. Are you trying to fix a price for a new service, but sales are more complex than you expected? Would you like to close a new funding round, but are you facing difficulties to close a deal with an investor? These workshops will guide you to achieve the best results.
How does it work?
- The EIC Summer School on negotiation consists of two interactive training sessions, taking place on a Friday morning (half days): 09:00h-13:00h.
- Dates: 23 and 30 July 2021.
- We guarantee a good learning experience by limiting the sessions to a maximum of 30 participants. Please notice that our application process will give priority to blended finance participants. Other projects will follow the first-come, first-served policy.
- Even though each training is a standalone session with its own registration, we encourage you to follow the two sessions.
- Training material per session will be sent out beforehand in the EIC Community group.
23 July 2021 Session 1:
- Power dynamics and win-win.
- Success in a negotiation and the seven elements framework.
- Contract negotiation (role-play exercise),
- Peer feedback and class discussion.
30 July 2021 Session 2:
- Negotiation strategies and the 3 Negotiations framework: Substance, Relationship and Process.
- An M&A negotiation: preparation, execution, and debrief.
- Takeaways & Q&A
Meet the trainer:
André Dória is co-founder & CEO at Value Negotiation Technologies. The startup addresses digital negotiations focusing on disputes between corporate call centres and customers. André is also an invited Negotiation Professor at both Porto Business School and King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (Saudi Arabia), where he teaches MBAs and Executive Education programs. In addition, Andre provides training and advisory to multinationals as a senior negotiator at Value Negotiation, an advisory firm from INSEAD professor Horacio Falcao.
Please use our contact form if you have any queries on this initiative or other events presented by the EIC Business Acceleration Services (please choose “EIC Summer School” as the subject).
Are you looking for more EIC events & services?
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services. The Community Events are recurrent activities of the Business Acceleration Services. Keep your eyes on the EIC Community and BAS Calendar for further details!