The European Innovation Council Business Acceleration Services invite you to participate in our brand-new Energy4Planet-initiative. This is a great opportunity to enhance your cooperation with Galp and co-create innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges related to the European Green Deal and energy transition.
Applications are open until 7 March 2021.
What is Energy4Planet?
The major energy transition challenges of the Green Deal and the associated ambitious goals will need close collaboration across value chains. It will also require concrete pilots with the best startups, knowledgeable corporates and technology institutes that the European ecosystem has to offer. On that account, the EIC is opening applications for the Energy4Planet, a brand-new initiative part of the EIC Corporate Programme It builds upon the success of last year’s EIC Planet.tech. where more than a dozen EIC-innovators got together with four large corporates to co-create solutions and start pilots together. After a few months seven different pilots and partnerships were initiated and presented during the R&I Days in September 2020 (more info here).
With the Energy4Planet-initiative, the EIC Business Acceleration Services once again offers the opportunity to enhance your cooperation with large corporates and co-create innovative solutions to a number of pre-determined challenges in the field of energy transition EIC funded SMEs with innovative solutions to challenges posed by Galp are encouraged to apply (more info below).
Selection procedure and programme
The Energy4Planet-initiative is divided into three different phase:
Phase I: Galp will dedicate a team of experts to select the SME’s with the highest possibilities to develop a joint Proof of Concept (PoC) around the challenges proposed (more info below). Those selected will be invited to a (digital) event, foreseen for 4 & 5 May 2021, to facilitate further collaboration between selected SMEs and corporates.
Phase II: After the event, Galp will select the best beneficiary(ies) to proceed for a POC, MVP or another form of collaboration. Those involved are encouraged to use 1 to 5 months to co-create and translate some of the propositions in an MVP or any other form of collaboration. This can include hands-on work, training webinars and support during the same period.
Phase III: The Energy4Planet-iniatitive will culminate on a demo day happening in Q3 2021 at the Research and Innovation days in Brussels or digital (tbc) where both Galp and EIC beneficiaries will be invited to demonstrate their work.
- Challenge 1: Exploit the potential of V2G/V2H applications
- Challenge 2: Engaging microgrid and e-mobility users to share data on profiles and patterns
- Challenge 3: How might we integrate last mile logistics? How might we design the right infrastructure for shared electric mobility (from bikes to cars)?
- Challenge 4: How might we identify expected impact in Grid Stability parameters, like frequency deviation, with expected growth of Renewables in Energy Mix with intermittent production? How might we develop the basis of program to optimize of use of Energy Storage assets to maximize revenues in Ancillary markets participation?
- Challenge 5: How can we unlock the carbon storage potential based on the current O&G business expertise and technology? The development of a new and sustainable business models towards decarbonization are more dependent on technical conditions or economical uncertainty? What are the main risks?
- Challenge 6: How can a digital platform help on the creation/optimization of the agriculture and agroforestry wastes supply-chain, guaranteeing their sustainability through a digital Chain of Custody?
More detailed information on Galp’s challenges can be found here (please notice that you need to log-in with your member account to access this document).
Opportunities for selected EIC-funded SMEs
- The chance to pitch and meet in an online environment with top corporate representatives;
- Opportunity to be selected to co-develop a pilot project or Proof of Concept with Galp and presenting your solution at a dedicated event in autumn 2021 (tbd);
- Personalised online training on pitching techniques and Galp specifications before the event;
- Services related to support before, during and after the event.
This application is open to all EIC-backed SMEs.
You can apply by clicking on the following link.
After logging in with your EU-Login, please fill in the respective form.
In your application form, you should answer all questions and explain how you will approach this challenge and why your company has the most innovative solution.
Please acknowledge the information you provide on the application form will be shared with EDP to maximise potential benefits and ensure the effectiveness of this challenge.
The Business Acceleration Services will contact all applicants once the selection process has been concluded. However, this contact does not include feedback or recommendations to those not selected.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events. For additional information, please refer to our helpdesk: https://community-smei.easme-web.eu/contact (please choose “Energy4Planet” as the subject).